Fall Advocacy DaySeptember 19, 2023 - September 20, 2023
Fall Advocacy Day
September 19-20, 2023 | Washington, D.C.
Each year, our most engaged members and industry friends touch down in our National Capital to advocate with lawmakers for support of the care-in-the-home community. The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) tracks critical legislative, regulatory, and policy issues that affect our members to ensure you’re on top of what’s ahead. Your concerns are our priority!
Advocacy Day is where we need your help to advance policy by joining us for a day on Capitol Hill and participating in our grassroots efforts virtually through our online Action Center.
You will have the opportunity to meet with Members of Congress or their legislative staff to advance issues facing our growing and evolving industry. This is a chance to share your story with legislators, and ask that they back policies to bolster your capacity to continue providing high-quality home-based care to patients and families.
Bring your thoughts and ideas on issues like…
- Stopping devastating payment cuts for home health providers
- Demonstrating the value of the hospice benefit to Medicare
- Advancing targeted hospice program integrity solutions
Come to sharpen your voice on issues that matter most to you. It’s the perfect opportunity to share your real-world experiences and data demonstrating how home care and hospice benefit your community.
Plus, Advocacy Day participants find great value in strengthening relationships with their elected officials, as well as networking with like-minded colleagues. Advocacy is one of our GREATEST member benefits—take advantage of it by joining us in Washington, D.C. Congress needs to hear from YOU!
- September 19 – Briefing on logistics and policy priorities with NAHC staff and Hill visit scheduling contractor (Soapbox Consulting) to prep you for your congressional meetings.
- September 20 (Scheduled Appointments) – Head to Capitol Hill to meet with your members of Congress and urge them to help with these vital issues.
Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health
700 2nd Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Soapbox Consulting (NAHC’s Hill meeting contractor partner) will coordinate scheduling meetings with your Senators and Representatives. If, for some reason, you prefer to schedule your meetings yourself, please let us know by reaching out to Calvin McDaniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Davis Baird (email@example.com) on NAHC staff.