Home Care Industry UpdateJune 15, 2023
Home Care Industry Update
Thursday, June 15 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Register now for the Polsinelli, The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) for a legal update tailored for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers). We will be discussing the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) recent proposed access to care rules which would, among other things, require at least 80% of all Medicaid payments (under both Fee For Service and Managed Care delivery systems) for HCBS services be used towards compensation for direct-care workers and the call to action for provider advocacy.
We will also get you up to speed on two new federal laws affecting pregnant women and new working mothers: Providing Urgent Maternal Protections for Nursing Mothers (PUMP) Act and the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA). Panelists will also review lingering COVID-19 legal issues associated with the end of the federal public health emergency, including the status of CMS’s vaccine mandate, state vaccine mandates, and OSHA’s vaccine standard.
Finally, we will review recently passed and proposed state legislation including New York’s recently expanded protections for lactating employees, New York City’s brand new prohibition on height and weight discrimination, the proposed SWEAT bill (involving personal liens for allegations of wage theft), and proposed Connecticut legislation which would alter state oversight of home care agencies.
Providers who will be impacted by the CMS Medicaid Access Rules should contact Damon Terzaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the survey and return no later than June 16.
*Confirmation email, calendar hold and login link sent directly via Zoom.
- Overview of new proposed CMS Medicaid access rules and call to action
- Summary of requirements of new PUMP and PWFA Acts affecting pregnant women and working mothers
- Status update on home-based care related COVID-19 vaccine mandates and OSHA rules
- Summary of recent passed and proposed state legislation affecting the industry
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA
- Sean Schwinghammer, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer, SurfMed, PMHC
- Angelo Spinola, Home Health, Home Care & Hospice Chair, Polsinelli
- Will Vail, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Damon Terzaghi, Director of Medicaid Advocacy, NAHC