Home Care Industry Update WebinarSeptember 22, 2022
Please join Polsinelli, The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) for a legal update tailored for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers). We will provide a substantive overview of the latest state and federal legislative and regulatory developments impacting our industry, including updates on the status of the proposed legislation seeking to implement a national Domestic Worker Bill of Rights law and review of existing state law equivalents. Polsinelli will also cover the most common HIPAA and Privacy related issues that impact the industry, including an analysis of when HIPAA applies to your agency, the interplay between HIPAA and various state privacy laws and strategies for complying with the same, and steps agencies not covered by HIPAA should take to protect confidential patient/client information.
We will also provide a comprehensive analysis of best practices for structuring live-in care programs, including how some agencies are combatting rising labor costs by leveraging meal and lodging credits. Finally, we will discuss the rules for compensating caregivers for travel time and mileage at a federal and state level as well as strategies for mitigating those expenses.
- Legislative updates, including the proposed legislation for a national Domestic Worker Bill of Rights
- Review of existing state law Domestic Worker Bill of Rights requirements
- Review of the HIPAA and privacy related issues that impact the Home-Based Care Industry
- Best practices for implementing a compliant live-in/extended shift program
- Potential use of meal and lodging credits to defray cost of live-in services
- Requirements for compensating for travel time and mileage and strategies for reducing travel-related costs
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA
- Allison G. Dressel, Counsel, Polsinelli
- Angelo Spinola, Home Health, Home Care and Hospice Chair, Polsinelli
- Will Vail, Shareholder, Polsinelli