NAHC Listening Sessions – REVISED Hospice Survey Process #1March 29, 2023
NAHC Listening Sessions – REVISED Hospice Survey Process #1
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
The Medicare hospice survey process was revised earlier this year. All state survey agencies will be following the new process and accrediting organizations (AOs) will follow it for all deeming surveys. NAHC is hosting two Listening Sessions on these revisions. We want to hear your questions and concerns about the new process and how you are preparing for survey.
The revisions break the conditions of participation into two phases prioritizing the surveyors’ time and attention to those elements that impact the quality of care provided directly to the patient and their family. Surveyors will be reviewing more records and conducting more detailed interviews with patients and staff.
- Phase I:
- Core CoP: §418.52 Patient rights.
- Core CoP: §418.54 Initial and comprehensive assessment of the patient.
- Core CoP: §418.56 Interdisciplinary group, care planning, and coordination of services.
- Eleven associated quality of care CoPs.
- Phase II:
- Core CoP: §418.58 Quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI).
- Seven associated quality of care CoPs.
NOTICE: Participation in the listening sessions is limited.
MARCH 29 LINK: