Home Care Industry Update WebinarSeptember 7, 2023
- September 21, 2023
- 12 Noon to 2 PM Eastern
Register now for the Polsinelli, National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA)’s legal update tailored for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers). We will be discussing the current deal market and developing trend of larger home-based providers targeting smaller home care agencies for acquisition.
You will hear directly from active buyers who will share their experience in home care agency acquisition transactions and what they look for when targeting an agency for acquisition. You will also receive an overview of the mechanics of a home-based care transaction including the different transaction types and options, the legal framework of a deal, the unique regulatory issues, common pitfalls in the diligence process and steps agency owners should take to prepare the agency to be ready for sale.
We will also address the latest legislative and litigation-related developments impacting the industry, including changes related to joint employment standards, developments at the Department of Labor, and the status of the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ recent proposed access to care rules which would require at least 80% of all Medicaid payments for HCBS services be used towards compensation for direct-care workers.
- Discussion of market trends creating newfound opportunities for small and mid-sized home care agencies
- What buyers look for when seeking to purchase home care agencies
- Overview of the legal transaction lifecycle and common pitfalls
- Best practices for preparing your home care agency for sale
- Education related to the latest legislative and litigation updates
- William A. Dombi, NAHC President
- Angelo Spinola, Polsinelli
- Donna Ruzicka, Polsinelli
- Vicki Hoak, Home Care Association of America