Join a Advisory Council or Committee | FAQ
Committee? Advisory Council? What’s the Difference?
NAHC Committees are appointed by the NAHC Board of Directors and attend to some of the core functions within the operations of the association. NAHC Committee appointments are made and confirmed at the February Meeting of the NAHC Board of Directors. Committee Member appointments are for one year. Terms begin in March of each year and go until the Board confirms the next slate of appointments.
NAHC’s Advisory Councils include members who provide insights, expertise, and input to the NAHC Board of Directors. They discuss issues of relevance to the specific Council to help guide the organization toward its stated mission by providing recommendations to the NAHC Board. Advisory Council terms are for one year. Advisory Council selections are determined within the respective advisory council guidelines. Terms begin in April each year and continue until the following slate of advisory council members is selected. A NAHC staff person will is assigned to each advisory Council.
When can I apply?
NAHC issues its call for committees and advisory board volunteers in mid to late December each year, and the application window will go from mid- to late January. Notices specific to the year will be shared via the NAHC Website, NAHC Report, and NAHC Community postings and on social media. If you have any questions, please get in touch with Raul Suarez.
Who can apply?
All Members of the Association in good standing may apply to participate in one or more NAHC Committees or Advisory Councils.
What do I need to submit for consideration?
Interested members should visit the online committee/advisory council application portal to:
- Indicate the advisory Council or committee of their choice.
- Submit a written statement indicating any previous experience on a NAHC committee or advisory Council.
- In addition, members should describe their expertise and qualifications, which prompts the committee/advisory council application.
- A copy of their CV or resume.
- The committee appointments are made by the NAHC Board Chair, subject to the majority approval of the entire Board of Directors. Advisory Council selections are determined within the respective advisory council guidelines.
When do Terms Begin and End?
Committee Member Terms begin in March of each year and go until the Board confirms the next slate of appointments. Advisory Council terms begin in April of each year and go until the next state of selections is made by the leadership of each group.