New Webinar on the Value of Hospice: Better Care, Lower CostApril 6, 2023
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||
Media Contact: Thomas Threlkeld
Director of Communications, NAHC
Washington, D.C. – Join leaders from the country’s two leading hospice associations, the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) and National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) for a discussion of recent research on The Value of Hospice. The research shows that patients’ use of hospice care contributed to $3.5 billion in savings for Medicare in 2019, while providing multiple benefits to patients, families, and caregivers.
April 12, 2023 | 1:00-2:00 PM ET
At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand and explain the research findings.
- Understand and explain the importance of these findings for policy conversations.
- Make recommendations for how a hospice can utilize the findings.
The webinar will discuss the report’s findings that:
- hospice use leads to savings of billions of dollars in Medicare spending.
- length of stay affects Medicare savings.
- patients, family members, and caregivers receive numerous invaluable benefits from hospice.
The webinar is open to the media.
- Bill Dombi, NAHC
- Davis Baird, NAHC
- Judi Lund Person, NHPCO
- Ben Marcantonio, NHPCO
- Welcome & Introductions
- Review of New Research
- Conversation with CEOs
- Q&A from Audience
To RSVP for the webinar, please follow this link: The Value of Hospice: Better Care, Lower Cost.
The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) is a nonprofit organization that represents the nation’s 33,000 home care and hospice organizations. NAHC also advocates for the more than two million nurses, therapists, aides, and other caregivers employed by such organizations to provide in-home services to some 12 million Americans each year who are infirm, chronically ill, and disabled. To learn more, visit www.nahc.org