This page will keep our members and the entire care at home community – including hospice, home care, palliative care, serious illness, and others – as informed as possible about the ongoing process of collaboration and possible combination of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) and the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO). Please read on for information about member town hall discussions, media coverage, the leaders guiding this process, and more.
This page will be updated as appropriate so please check back for news and information.
NHPCO-NAHC Town Halls
The member voice is a critical component to this exploration. As such, all members are invited to a series of joint Town Halls to hear updates on the process and participate in a Q&A with members of the Steering Committee leading this exploration.
Town Halls will be held on the following dates and are open to all members of the NHPCO and NAHC memberships:
- November 15, 2023, from 5:00 – 6:00 pm ET — WATCH A RECORDING OF THE TOWN HALL
- December 7, 2023, from 5:00 – 6:00 pm ET
- January 11, 2024, from 5:00 – 6:00 pm ET
Town Hall participation information, including the link to join, will be sent to members closer to each Town Hall.
|Press release||NHPCO and NAHC Boards Agree to Pursue Creation of a New, Combined Organization NAHC site | NHPCO site||8/10/23|
|Member email||Announcing Letter of Intent (NHPCO) Annuncing Letter of Intent (NAHC)||08/10/23|
|Member email||Update and Introduction of Steering Committee (NHPCO)|
Update and Introduction of Steering Committee (NAHC)
|Press release||NAHC and NHPCO Exploring Collaboration Opportunities NAHC site | NHPCO site||03/08/23|
|Member email||NHPCO and NAHC Exploring Collaboration Opportunities (NHPCO)|
NHPCO and NAHC Exploring Collaboration Opportunities (NAHC)
Members and staff leaders from NHPCO and NAHC who are leading the process to create new, combined organization:
- Ken Albert, NAHC Chair
- Trisha Crissman, NHPCO National Director
- Bill Dombi, NAHC President
- Melinda Gruber, NHPCO Chair
- Ben Marcantonio, NHPCO COO and Interim CEO
- Norman McRae, NHPCO Immediate Past Chair
- Susan Ponder-Stansel, NAHC Board Member
- Lynne Sexten, NHPCO At-Large Executive Committee Member
- William Simione, III, NAHC Treasurer
- David Totaro, NAHC Board Member
NAHC-NHPCO Opportunity Assessment Workgroups
- Workgroups comprised of members and staff are working on key elements of a combined organization. The Workgroups are focused on the following areas: Branding
- CEO Search Advisory
- Advocacy and Policy
- Finance and Operations
- Governance and Nominating
- Membership and Dues
- Member Communities and Engagement
- Member Services
See the full list of Workgroup members here.